Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Fishing Village in Penang Island

During my semester break recently, I went back to KL to enjoy my holidays. But guess what happened, when I reached back home my dad told me that he is planning a trip to Penang because we were invited to "family reunion" dinner and a wedding dinner during the weekend. I was like what the HELL, I should had stay back and waited for my family to come to me instead of me going back (I just hate traveling in tour buses and arriving in PUDU).

me waiting for my parents at Pudu.

So without even unloading my bag, I was on the way back to Penang. During the drive back to Penang, my dad came out with an idea to have a 1 day trip to round the Penang island, to be very honest I had never travel to the other side of Penang island even thought I had been staying in Penang for almost 3 years. (was actually very excited about what I am going to find there)

The trip started by us driving to Balik Pulau, on the way there we stopped over at a very small and quiet fishing village.

the small, quiet and sleepy fishing village.

How sleepy ? This sleepy.....

Me and my bro thought that it had used up all it's 9 lives.

the fishing boat anchored right along the shore.

We spend almost an hour at the village taking pics, chit chatting with the local fishermen and my dad stepping on dog shit. (the photos of that shit stepping incident was deleted by my dad for this may ruin his reputation)

Don't know what my brother is looking at ? and the lady sitting there is my mom who is hungry for lunch.

Located close to the shore is a wooden pier. Me and my dad spotted ppl fishing at the jetty so we decided to go and have a look and see whether they caught anything. (me and my dad were hardcore fishing enthusiasts, ONCE ! but after tonnes of religious lecturing from my mom and grandparents, we were force to drop the tackle.)

try imagine this scene at ur own backyard. lucky fishermen!

When we reached the end of the pier, we found that the ppl we were talking about was actually small kids (around the age of 10). Me and my dad approached them and started chit chatting with them, my 1st impression talking to them was how simple minded they were! (not trying to say that they are stupid, instead they were very down to earth and very friendly)

this is the 2 boys fishing at the pier.

their baits, sand earthworms.

their catch ! small fishes that they will kept as pet fish.

After awhile, me and my dad was like challenging the "Tau Kei Chai" (small kids in cantonese) to let us try it out. They agreed ! My dad was the 1st to go and we challenged them to see who can catch a fish the fastest.

My mom knowing that me and my dad was trying to fish, got very angry and decided to walk back to our car and wait for us there. (Ma! I am sorry k, Papa asked me to join wan k)

my mom walking away.

OLD MAN vs "Tau Kei Chai"


After 5 mins, nothing happend !

after 10 mins, nothing happened !

Eventually, the bait was eaten clean by the small fishes and my dad didnt even felt a bite and worst still was that the small boy caught 3 fishes during the competition (it was actually a very embarrassing moment, losing to the small boys).

Me and my dad immediately leave the pier and continue our tour towards batu ferringhi with our pride hitting rock bottom.

The whole morning was actually very well spend and I am sure to go back there and challenge those "Tau Kei Chai" to save my family pride ! And let every of my friends to know that there is still places in Penang Island that is untouch by modern day development which is destroying the environment and heritage of "My Penang Island".


I will definitely be back ! anyone interested to join me can msg me and we can plan a 1 day trip to go round Penang Island.


4 comments:

cheekeong1986 said...

hey, i knew this place..
they called them couple's bridge in chinese..
izit many fish there?
i catch many many there..

wei jie said...

let plan 1 fishing trip!!!

khanBLOGme said...

count me in wei :D
always fishing in classes,i wana go for a real fishing haha

Anonymous said...

美女脱身高清 , 美女视频高清播放 , 美女真人视频斗地主 , 谁有美女真人视频的qq号 , 美女爱爱视频真人 , 真人美女视频交友 , 同城视频交友网站 , 免费美女视频聊天室 , 不收费同城交友网 , 免费交友乐园约炮