Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Far away from home.

Recently i went to this seafood restaurant located right opposite Penang Island Ferry Jetty. I forgot the name of the shop, but i remember there is a big tree right infront of the restaurant. When i got into the shop, i found myself sitting at the side of this,

A 4ft wide fish tank

At first i find this fish tank very normal, filled with water with a giant seashell, marbles, pebbles, sand, dead corals and stone ornaments. Everything inanimate except 2 goldfish that the tauke (Boss in hokkien) has put in.

While waiting for my food to come, i was staring at the fish tank and thinking about my big and comfortable house in KL that i used to have a lot of fish tanks which i had a lot fishes in them.

Flashbacks of me and my papa taking turns to feed our pet fish and cleaning the tanks and my mama will be at the side there mumbling "U 2 ! nothing better to do ah? everyday fish fish fish only, not sien wan meh !"

But since i moved out to Penang Island to further my tertiary studies

Paying attention in class.

and my younger brother following the same route, the house is now left with only my papa and mama. With me going back only twice a year, I can really feel that my parents misses me alot, and they r really lonely in a big house just like them.

The 2 lonely goldfish in the big fish tank.

Looking at the goldfish really make me feel that i am a lousy son, I really need to go back more often!

3 comments:

cheekeong1986 said...

homesick is a normal thing..
i wont look down to them whom always go home often..
cos as a son, our job is to love and care our parents forever~

Anonymous said...

aiyoyo emonye.... nvm when u grad u can spend more time with them =)

Anonymous said...

haha...finally u find that home is very important and what is ur papa said before is totally different from their heart--"why come back only for a while? next time if got short break, no need come back lar..."